Song: Close But No Cigar
Running Time: 3:57
Album: Straight Outta Lynwood
Genre: Alternative rock
- iTunes ($0.99)
Forum: Forum DIscussion Page
- John Kricfalusi, the creator of The Ren & Stimpy Stow, animated the video.
- The cat is called Cigarettes the Cat from John Kricfalusi's cartoon Weekend Pussy Hunt.
- Mama Cass was a singer in the folk group The Mamas and the Papas. An urban legend claims that she choked to death on a ham sandwich ("got me all choked up like Mama Cass").
- In each chorus, the singer asks "are we playing horseshoes/lobbing hand grenades/doing government work, no I don't think we are!". These are references to the idiomatic expressions "close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades" and "good enough for government work".
- "Missed it by that much!" was a catchphrase popularized by 1960's spy-parody show Get Smart.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.