Song: Hardware Store
Running Time: 3:44
Album: Poodle Hat
Parody of: None; originally intended as a style parody of Presidents of the United States of America
Genre: Speed metal, alternative rock
Guitar tuning: E standard
Forum: Forum Discussion Page
- "Every 27th customer will get a ball peen hammer free" is another mention of the number 27.
- The rapid-fire list of products the hardware store has consists of 61 items.
- Duracells and Energizers are popular brands of batteries.
- An automatic circumciser is a device for cutting cigars, which is likely named for its resemblance to a device used for circumcision.
- The sound of tools operating rhythmically in the intro may have been inspired by Money by Pink Floyd
- Al stated that he wouldn't ever perform this song in concert, because of the quick, hard-to-sing lyrics.
- The song originally began as a grunge spoof in the style of the Presidents of the United States of America before developing into an original speed metal song.