The Polka Medleys are songs of 3 to 5 minutes formed of other songs by other artists passages, and these excerpts played in polka style (with accordions, tubas and sound effects, and other instruments). All passages are connected musically so as to constitute a single continuous band.
All "Weird Al" studio albums have one, except for the first album, "Weird Al Yankovic, and the Even Worse and Alapalooza albuns, although the latter contains a version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" in polka style.
"Weird Al" states that "fans were breaking all the streets, I think, if I didn't a polka medley". He always asks for permission for each artist before including a snippet of their song in the medley.
List of polka medleys[edit | edit source]
- Polkas On 45 (In-3D)
- Hooked On Polkas (Dare to Be Stupid)
- Polka Party! (Polka Party)
- Hot Rocks Polka (UHF - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and Other Stuff)
- Polka Your Eyes Out (Off The Deep End)
- Bohemian Polka (Alapalooza)
- The Alternative Polka (Bad Hair Day)
- Polka Power! (Running With Scissors)
- Angry White Boy Polka (Poodle Hat)
- Polkarama! (Straight Outta Lynwood)
- Polka Face! (Alpocalypse)
- NOW That's What I Call Polka! (Mandatory Fun)
- The Hamilton Polka (single)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hooked On Polkas and Polka Power! were the only polka medleys to possess a single, launched respectively in Japan and Germany.
- Polka Party! is the only title-track polka medley.
- Hot Rocks Polka is the only polka medley that was never performed live.
- Bohemian Polka is the only polka medley to have one song.
- Bohemian Polka and Polka Face are only polka medleys that was performed live on two different tours: Alapalooza and Al-Can (Bohemian Polka) and Internet Leaks and Alpocalypse (Polka Face).
- Polka Face! is the only polka medley to possess a music video.