Song: Skipper Dan
Running Time: 4:01
Genre: Alternative rock/Power pop
Guitar tuning: E flat
Forum: Forum Discussion Page
- This song is about the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland.
- A canteen belonging to Skipper Dan was added to the unload area of the Disneyland version of the attraction in 2021.
- The jokes referenced in the bridge, explained:
- "Bengal tigers can jump over twenty feet": Followed by the reassurance that luckily, the one the boat is passing is only four feet away.
- "That's an African bull elephant": Followed by a description of its distinctive features. Then, in case anyone on the boat has a short memory, the skipper points out a second one, repeating the same spiel word for word.
- "There it is, the back side of water": This is the punchline of probably the most famous joke on the ride. The boat first travels past a waterfall, then around a loop past some other scenery. As the boat returns, it passes behind the same waterfall, with the skipper excitedly playing up the significance of getting to see such a rare sight.
- The video was animated by Divya Srinivasan who is best known for her collaborations with They Might Be Giants, whom Al is a well-known fan of.
- Unlike any of the songs he made, this is considered to be Weird Al's most dramatic song (as well as TMZ).
- In the second verse, Skipper Dan says "Don't bother tryin' to IMDB me." however, there is an IMDB page for the song. You can find it here.