Song: You Don't Love Me Anymore
Running Time: 4:01 (14:07 including "Bite Me")
Style Parody of: Original
Genre: Soft rock, acoustic rock
Forum: Forum Discussion Page
Alternate Versions: You Don't Love Me Anymore (essential version)
- The hidden track "Bite Me" can be heard at the very end of this song's track on the Off the Deep End CD after several minutes of silence (inspired by the hidden track "Endless, Nameless" found at the end of some CD issues of Nirvana's Nevermind album).
- "Now my scars are all healing, but my heart never will" is considered to be Al's most serious line in a song.
- The music video for this song shares some similarities to that of "Smells Like Nirvana", likely filmed around the same time. The same drum set (featuring a kick drum head with "DRUM" written on it) is used, and the janitor from "Smells Like Nirvana" also makes an appearance.
- The singer Robert Goulet has a cameo in the music video as the piano player who gets a cello bow in his eye and his hand cut off.
- Al's record label was reluctant to issue a single and film a video for the song, as it wasn't a direct parody and thus was unlikely to become a hit; they insisted that the video be a parody of an existing one, so Al modeled it after Extreme's "More Than Words", which many listeners assumed it was a parody of anyway.
- When the camera goes around the room, a condom can be seen on a golf club. This was done by a set designer as a joke, and he was later fired for it.